Skip to main content

12 weeks.....

My goodness, this pregnancy has been quite a journey so far! I have been admitted to hospital for 2 days (at 7 weeks) and last week Wednesday hubby took me to the casualties cause i had a terrible migraine that would not break for more than 24 hours. So my gynie said i have to go in to the hospital for them to check it out! They did blood tests to see if i had a viral infection or anything that was not right....but the tests came back clear. Got 2 kinds of drips and 2 injections...ouch!
We waited there for about 2 hours. I fell asleep because of one of the injections that was very strong...it relaxes muscle and tension.
So hubby got us something to eat and came back again...he had to feed me cause i had "no hands" lol! :)
One had the drip in and the other was connected to the machine that constantly took my blood pressure. That's another thing...my blood pressure is very low since i fell pregnant. But my mom said it was the same with her during her pregnancies. She was also constantly in and out of the hospital and very sick with morning sickness...guess i'm my momma's girl then :)
I have been very sick since week 5. Morning, afternoon and evening sickness. Heartburn and headaches! *sigh*
BUT the gynie told me all will be better after 12 weeks...so i am counting the days for this week to pass....hopefully i'll be better by next week. I haven't really gained weight, since i haven't been able to keep alot of food in. I eat alot of yoghurt and salticrax. Not really craving chocolates, cake and sweet things...just salty stuff! Or not really craving, it's just that i keep the salty stuff in longer haha! I haven't really had cravings. I do love my Nesquick though...yummy!

Had a weird experience last night at church. We were still in service and i had a light headache and took something for it when the service started. And suddenly i felt my head pounding and i felt dizzy. So we got up to have communion and i almost fell while walking so hubby just stayed close, when we came back to our seats i just wanted to lie down! I didn't care what anyone would think at that moment! So hubby saw that i was in a lot of pain and took me to his parent's house (his dad is the pastor and they stay on the same premises as the church). I went to lie down and he took such gentle care of me...shame. Put a cold wet cloth on my head and over my eyes and made me some toast before i took more pain tablets. I fell asleep and woke up with the strangest pain in my left ear...like i have been lying on it too long, but i didn't. Oh my! When i got up and sat straight for a while it slowly started going away. Same happened again this morning...when my headache started i went to lie down, flat, no pillow and straight on my back with a cold wet cloth over my face. And after about half an hour that horrible pain started again in my left ear. So bad that i could not lie down any longer, it felt like my ear was going to burst the pressure was so bad! So my hubby is thinking it might be my sinuses, cause when the migraine gets so bad it's under my eyes and across my nose too. Very strange i'm telling you...will have to monitor it tonight and if it gets worse i am going to have to phone the gynie again.

So this little one has been keeping me sooooo busy! Running to the loo and back and have a mind of it's own what i'm allowed to eat and what not. And he/she really loves the attention they give us at the hospital hahaha! Shame my poor hubby does not know what tomorrow will be like, neither do i! He has been a great help and i am so thankful for a hubby like him! Could not have asked for better :)

Pls keep me in your prayers...don't know when my next update will be. Don't really have a bump to show off yet ;) But will post a pic as soon as i do have one!

God bless you all xxx

Comments

  1. Praying for you Leanna. What do you mean with heartburn? is it hurting? beating fast?.???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear these few weeks have been so hard on you friend! Thankful you have a wonderful husband to help you during these times. Praying things improve soon for you!! :] going to make that little one all the more worth it in the end. Sending you love, hugs & prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! :)

    @Hannah: The heartburn is just a burning sensation in my chest and stomach...very normal they say during pregnancy. But it is better now. It's usually because of certain foods too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

24 weeks and counting! :)

22 weeks Wow, time seems to be flying like crazy now! I am 24 weeks today...this pic was taken at 22 weeks. I am loving every minute of it all...just battling a bit with backache and sore feet at night. But after a long hot bath i always seem to feel much better and of course a cup of hot chocolate made especially for me and little Chanette by my darling hubby to make us feel more relaxed! ;) It has come to a point now where her movements are so strong that i can lie down and see my tummy move...haha! So amazing! She and her daddy are enjoying each other's company with chats and him playing guitar at night...she moves around as if she knows, so sweet! I am so thankful for a wonderful man like him in my life, i could not have asked for a better husband! We are going on holiday for the first time since our honeymoon, leaving early Sunday morning and coming back next Friday. Can't wait to relax and just spend some quality time with him :) My next appointment is on t

More photos...

Ready for church! I just love dressing her up on a Sunday! Hehe! She does not like shoes or socks on her feet and gets very irritated when I throw a blanket over her while she is still awake...no way! She needs to be asleep and then I can put it over her. She already has a mind of her own. I can see her running around without shoes in the future...oh dear lol! Just want to heat her up!!! :) Mommy loves you so much my girly!

6 Months

Happy 6 Months to our darling  Chanette! :):) "Liefste Chanette, Ons kan nie glo die tyd het so bitter gou verby gegaan nie...voel soos gister wat ons jou vir die heel eerste keer vasgehou het! Ons liefde vir jou word net sterker elke dag en ons dank die Here dat Hy jou vir ons gegee het. Ons is baie baie lief vir jou Chanetti! Jy is Pappa en Mamma se klein Poppie! :)" Al ons liefde xxx Finally able to play in her playgym :) what fun! Sitting in her eating chair at "Ouma and Oupa's" house...(my in-laws) Oh and does she enjoy it...hehehe ;) Her shirt's writing is in Afrikaans, it means: "Daddy's little sweetheart" :) With her BabyGym instructor...Aunty Tracey :) This was taken at Chanette's graduation. I will post her graduation photos as soon as we have them.  Flowers from my love <3 "Every love story is beautiful, b