Skip to main content

5 September 2013

The day we have been waiting for and suddenly the 9 months of waiting felt like it went by so fast! I was scheduled for 7:15am to go into theater for my c-section. We were at hospital at 5am with my mom...she was such a great help! And my hubby was there next to me and with me constantly and as much as they would allow him to be! So after prepping me for theater and taking me there they did the epidural and made me lie down and it's amazing how fast it works. Within seconds i could feel it kicking in and minutes after that i could not feel my legs anymore...so weird and funny! Hehe! So it took a few more minutes before they would let Quintus in and he then came to sit at the top of my bed talking to me and keeping me calm...but i must say i was very calm and super excited to just see my little girl!

Mommy and Daddy to be :)

My mom and i 
We are a family! :):):)


49cm

37cm

Giving her a bit of formula right after birth because her blood sugar dropped to 1.9

Meeting her family :)


Getting her first bath

All fresh! :) xxx



Comments

  1. She's beautiful!! I am so happy for you! I'd been wondering about your little bundle of joy and hoping all was well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your little girl! Now it's my turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats leana and quintus! She is beautiful! I hope you have been getting some sleep!! XOXO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek!! How exciting!! Congrats to the HAPPY HAPPY new family :))) she's a little doll baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone! We are doing very well and enjoying our little bundle of joy. Not getting too much sleep no...hahaha! But she only wakes up twice at night which i hear is not too bad ;) But i do miss my sleep! It is getting much better though...Thank you for the well wishes! God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

24 weeks and counting! :)

22 weeks Wow, time seems to be flying like crazy now! I am 24 weeks today...this pic was taken at 22 weeks. I am loving every minute of it all...just battling a bit with backache and sore feet at night. But after a long hot bath i always seem to feel much better and of course a cup of hot chocolate made especially for me and little Chanette by my darling hubby to make us feel more relaxed! ;) It has come to a point now where her movements are so strong that i can lie down and see my tummy move...haha! So amazing! She and her daddy are enjoying each other's company with chats and him playing guitar at night...she moves around as if she knows, so sweet! I am so thankful for a wonderful man like him in my life, i could not have asked for a better husband! We are going on holiday for the first time since our honeymoon, leaving early Sunday morning and coming back next Friday. Can't wait to relax and just spend some quality time with him :) My next appointment is on t

More photos...

Ready for church! I just love dressing her up on a Sunday! Hehe! She does not like shoes or socks on her feet and gets very irritated when I throw a blanket over her while she is still awake...no way! She needs to be asleep and then I can put it over her. She already has a mind of her own. I can see her running around without shoes in the future...oh dear lol! Just want to heat her up!!! :) Mommy loves you so much my girly!

6 Months

Happy 6 Months to our darling  Chanette! :):) "Liefste Chanette, Ons kan nie glo die tyd het so bitter gou verby gegaan nie...voel soos gister wat ons jou vir die heel eerste keer vasgehou het! Ons liefde vir jou word net sterker elke dag en ons dank die Here dat Hy jou vir ons gegee het. Ons is baie baie lief vir jou Chanetti! Jy is Pappa en Mamma se klein Poppie! :)" Al ons liefde xxx Finally able to play in her playgym :) what fun! Sitting in her eating chair at "Ouma and Oupa's" house...(my in-laws) Oh and does she enjoy it...hehehe ;) Her shirt's writing is in Afrikaans, it means: "Daddy's little sweetheart" :) With her BabyGym instructor...Aunty Tracey :) This was taken at Chanette's graduation. I will post her graduation photos as soon as we have them.  Flowers from my love <3 "Every love story is beautiful, b